Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Still miss you Jill…

Thought you may have called in for a coffee today while we were busy weaving at TAFE. Rocky and Georgie are so far ahead of me…they stay for the afternoon but I can’t resist the call of the grandchildren, and generally leave at lunch time.

I’ve continued my spending spree on ebay and I feel a bit guilty but I’m sure it will be worth it.

2 ply Silk Cashmere in Natural from Hand Maiden

Purchase no.1. described by seller as - ‘This is 2 ply Silk Cashmere in Natural from Hand Maiden - two stunning fibres blended into one yarn, simply a delight. This is the undyed version of Silk Cashmere. Material: 55% Silk, 45% Cashmere Yardage: 300m Weight: 50g Needle Size: 2.5mm Gauge: 28sts to 10 cm.’

I’m hoping to dye and weave with this. What? I don’t know yet. Oh, and I bought 2 lots.

Lady Godiva in Forest from Hand Maiden

Purchase no. 2. described by seller as - ‘This is Lady Godiva in Forest from Hand Maiden - this amazingly soft and luxurious yarn is perfect for a special gift, for yourself or for a loved one. Material: 50% Silk, 50% Wool Yardage: 250m Weight: 100g Needle Size: 4mm Gauge: 20sts to 10 cm.’

Probably should have bought 2 but only bought one. Was attempting to practice some self discipline.

No comments: