The SEASHELL theme suggests to me lightness, airy, breezy, delicate, fragile…so I’m going with open sett weaves and natural or muted colours.
Winding the warp – I’m getting better at this.
And beaming the warp – this was the first time ever that I didn’t have any dilemmas, which I put down to good quality yarn. It didn’t catch or shred or anything, just did what it was meant to do. Truly amazing.
I began with plain open sett which I am quite partial to.
I noticed as I wound it over the front beam that it has gone out of whack. It’s not a bad look. I will photograph it when it is off the loom.
I experimented with the leno weave structure – reminiscent of seashells. This image is confusing as the woven cloth can also be seen winding on below.
I also tried Brook's Bouquet weave structure.
And the Danish Medallion weave.
Looking forward to seeing what happens with the weaves once off the loom but I still have more experimenting to go.
To be continued…