Sunday, November 1, 2009

Will give it a go…

image

But if I don’t make it I’m fairly sure no-one will either notice nor care.

Day One – My friends Mitty and Russell travel extensively for a couple of old farts. And one of their many favourite places is Guatemala.

“The Republic of Guatemala is a country in Central America, in the south of the continent of North America, situated between the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea. It is bordered by Mexico to the north, Belize to the northeast, and Honduras and El Salvador to the southeast.”

Before I started weaving I didn’t really take that much notice of the Guatemalan weavings they had brought back from their travels. I appreciated them and liked them but didn’t really study them. But now I have – pretty amazing weaving and gorgeous colours.

Guatemalan weaving and embroidery 1_resize

Guatemalan weaving and embroidery 3_resize

Guatemalan weaving and embroidery 4_resize

No comments: