Monday, November 2, 2009

Rug weaving

I really need to update my computer. I am starting to strum my fingers in between mouse clicks. Oh so frustrating.

This is Georgie busy on the rug loom.

pic 002

One of the projects we have to complete for our course with TAFE is to weave a rug. Some kind soul donated this loom to the Art Department and Georgie was the first person to tackle it. It has been a challenge but she has managed to tame it and is busy producing a rug from her own design.

Information on the loom - built by Stanley Dann.

4 comments:

Debbie Herd said...

Hi Lesley, I am glad to see that the Stanley Dann loom has been moved and is now in use. I have the last loom that Stanley ever made, for me in 1983. Are you going to weave a rug on it as well? Debbie.

Leisurely Lesley said...

Hi Debbie, I was up your way a couple of weeks ago checking out the wildflowers.
Re: the loom - we were all to weave a rug on this loom. However time is running out. It took a longer time than anticipated to work through the best ways to successfully weave on it - we have only a couple of weeks left. Next year...

Carolyn Payne said...

Hi Lesley, Stanley Dann was my grandfather, I would love to meet you and have a chat. I would also love to hear from anyone else who has anything else he made, looms, spinners, carders etc. Plus any recollections from anyone who met him. I live in Warrnambool and I am easy to contact.My email is carolyn_payne@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

i have been given a loom like the one in photo it is a stanley dan where is it i need to see one or photos of one so i can put it together photos mostly from the back thanks any one