Tuesday, October 21, 2008

More felting...

Where on earth do bloggers find the time to create AND blog so frequently. I am completely mystified how some creators make incredible stuff as well as update their blog almost daily. Anyway, today I had close to the perfect day. I felted all afternoon at a relaxed pace. Bliss. And these are the results - done specifically for the Experimental Textile course I am doing at South West TAFE. Felting is just a wee part of the course, but I find all the rolling and bashing very therapeutic.

Beautiful wool tops from Lara Downs - felted unbelievably quickly, even though I am no expert. Few threads and silk fibres for embellishment.
Half way through the process.
And voila! Oh btw, this is not meant to be a hat, well it will go in the grandkids dress up tub in the end, but it has another job first. And that is to be in a student exhibition hanging the other way up from the ceiling with it's two partners...and here they are.
A really good link to felting instructions for beginners can be found here at Fibre Fusion.


Couldn't resist including this photo - granddaughter no. 2, taken today, during a visit to Granny's.

I have so many great photos of my grandchildren but daughter no. 2 gets a tad nervous about having her children on the web. However, this one is unidentifiable and belongs to daughter no. 1.

2 comments:

Graham said...

Hi Lesley
wow the blog is really coming along. You've done some great stuff
Julie and I are home now and I have put the final touches to my blog.
Great to be back in a house after 12 weeks in a tent. I still have 4 weeks to go before I'm back at the salt mine.
My email is boothy@tpg.com.au

Deb Lacativa said...

No surprise that the photo of your Wonderful three pointy hats delights me. Right away it made me thing of a herd of ???? having a discussion of some sort.


http://morewgalo.blogspot.com/